GIFTEXPERTS.RO SITE FOLOSESTE COOKIES
The information below is intended to inform you about the placement, use and administration of “cookies” used by GIFTEXPERTS.ro.
There are also some helpful links to this topic. If you need more information and can not be found below, you can contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please read carefully the following information:
In what we call “web 2.0,” “cookies” play an important role in facilitating the access and delivery of multiple services the user enjoys on the Internet, such as:
• Customizing certain settings such as the language in which a site is viewed, the currency in which certain prices or tariffs are expressed, the keeping of options for different products (measures, other details, etc.) in the shopping cart (and saving of these options) – generating so the flexibility of the “shopping cart” (accessing old preferences by clicking the ‘forward’ and ‘back’ buttons)
• Cookies provide site owners with valuable feedback on how their sites are used by users so they can make them even more effective and accessible to users.
• Allow multimedia or other applications from other sites to be included in a particular site to create a more valuable, useful, and enjoyable browsing experience;
• Improve the efficiency of online advertising.
What is a cookie?
A “Cookie Internet” (also known as “cookie browser” or “HTTP cookie” or simply “cookie”) is a small file of letters and numbers that will be stored on your computer, other equipment of a user on which the Internet is accessed.
The cookie is installed through a browser-based browser (eg Internet Explorer, Chrome, FireFox) and is completely “passive” (it does not contain software, viruses or spyware and can not access the information on the hard drive user).
A cookie consists of two parts: the name and the content or the value of the cookie. Furthermore, the duration of a cookie is determined; technically, only the webserver that sent the cookie can access it again when a user returns to the website associated with that webserver.
Cookies themselves do not require personal information to be used and, in most cases, do not personally identify Internet users.
There are 2 large categories of cookies:
• Session cookies – they are temporarily stored in the web browser’s cookie folder to save them until the user exits the site or closes the browser window (for example, when logging in / logging on to an account webmail or social networking).
• Persistent cookies – These are stored on the hard drive of a computer or device (and generally depends on the default cookie lifetime). Persistent cookies include those placed on a website other than the one the user is currently visiting – known as ‘third party cookies’ – which can be used anonymously to memorize the interests of a user, so that advertising is delivered as relevant as possible to users.
What are the benefits of cookies?
A cookie contains information linking a web browser (user) and a specific web-server (website). If a browser accesses that web-server again, it can read the already stored information and react accordingly. Cookies provide users with a pleasant browsing experience and support the efforts of many websites to provide comfortable user services: ex – online privacy preferences, site language options, shopping carts, or relevant advertising.
What is the lifetime of a cookie?
Cookies are managed by web servers. The life of a cookie may vary significantly, depending on the purpose for which it is placed. Some cookies are used exclusively for one session (session cookies) and are no longer retained once the user has left the website and some cookies are retained and reused whenever the user returns to that site (‘cookie- permanent ‘). However, cookies can be deleted by a user at any time through browser settings.
What are cookies placed by third parties?
Certain sections of content on some sites may be provided through third parties / vendors (eg news box